Brides Keeping it Real is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and keeping your information safe and secure.
The following policy sets out the basis on which any personal data you provide us with or we collect from you will be stored and processed by us. Please read the following information carefully to understand our views and practices when it comes to your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.brideskeepingitreal.com please note that you are accepting and consenting to the practices that are described in this policy.
If you have any questions please contact us on email@example.com to discuss.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is brideskeepingitreal.com, a site operated by Keep it Real Media Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11203206 and have our registered office at 227 Benfieldside Road, Shotley Bridge, County Durham, DH8 0QT.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT VISITORS TO BRIDES KEEPING IT REAL
If you, as a visitor to Brides Keeping it Real; elect to register as a member of our site, we will collect your username, wedding date and email address.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations from any contracts that are entered into between you and us, and in order to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with relevant information about other goods and services we offer that are linked to those that you have already shown an interest in;
- to provide you with information about goods or services that we think may interest you. If you’re an existing visitor, we will only contact you by email with details of goods and services similar to those that you have previously searched for. If you are a new customer and only browsing the site, we will not collect any personally identifiable information.
- in order to notify you of any changes to our service;
- to ensure that our site’s content is presented in the most optimised manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- in order to administer our site and for our internal operations, including data analysis, troubleshooting, research, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and to ensure that our content is presented in the most effective and optimised manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our on-going efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure and to understand the effectiveness of any advertising we may serve to you and others, and to ensure we deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make recommendations and suggestions to users of our site about goods or services that may interest them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information that you give to us and any information we collect about you for the purposes set out above (dependant on the types of information we receive).
Your data will be retained for the length of time that your account is active. There is no expiration on any accounts but you may request deletion at any time.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
We will not share your personal information with any third parties except:
To our insurers and/or professional advisers in so far as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
If Brides Keeping it Real or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case any personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, which are encrypted, salted and hashed. Where we have either given you (or you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are wholly responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you don not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of any information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our very best to protect your personal data, we are unable to guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and strict security features in order to try to prevent unauthorised access.
SERVICES BRIDES KEEPING IT REAL
When you sign up as a member or opt to join our mailing list, you will then be added to the relevant Mailchimp mailing list, as you have confirmed that you would like to receive direct email marketing from Brides Keeping it Real.
Brides Keeping it Real uses Google analytics to track how you are using the site, your user journey, browsing behaviour and device or browser used. No personally identifiable information is collected using Google analytics. This information is only used to help improve the experience for the users.
We may process any information that you provide for publication on our website or our social media (“publication data”). The publication data may be used for the purposes of enabling publication and marketing of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
A cookie is a file that contains an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent from a web server to a web browser and is stored by that browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and it will remain valid until its expiry date, unless it is deleted by the user before the expiry date. A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not normally contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies used by our service providers:
You may opt out of receiving any emails from Brides Keeping it Real whenever you like by clicking the unsubscribe link within the email footer or in email preferences. You can delete your account with us at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access any information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee of £10 in order to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To opt out of communications from Brides Keeping it Real or for further enquiries, please email email@example.com.